Quarter peal Saturday 28 May 1100 to 1200 to celebrate the wedding at Neen Savage later in the day of Charlotte and John
We ring the bells before the 1000 Sunday morning service each week, from 0925 to 0955, and practise on Tuesdays between 1900 and 2030. We are always pleased to welcome new members, whether experienced ringers on those wishing to learn. For further information please contact Chris Kippin on 01299 270601 or Clate Coleman on 01299 272913
History of the bells
The six bells were cast in1757 by Abel Rudhall of Gloucester, one of the famous Rudhall family who cast bells from the last decade of the 17th century to the 1820s. The bells were originally hung in a wooden frame in the base of the spire. Part of that frame was retained in situ when the bells were restored in 1925 by Gillett & Johnston of Croydon. The bells were taken to the Croydon foundry, the treble re-cast and the remaining five re-tuned. They were rehung in a massive H-section cast-iron frame lower in the tower, just below the level of the louvre windows. After 75 years of use, they received further professional attention from Nicholson Engineering of Bridport. This included
This work returned the bells to excellent condition and ensured their continuing reputation as an excellent ring by bellringers.